No New Friends?

The realest people don’t have a lot of friends. -Tupac



 Lately, I’ve been questioning myself...Am I a good person? what I’m I doing wrong? Why in the cheese balls I am even feeling like this Etc even found myself sad because of the fact that I don’t have a big #girlsquad like other girls on social media. I have a handful of girls I can go to, a few here, some out of state. I’m social, meaning I make an effort to hang out with new girls, invite them over or out, etc but they don’t seem to replicate, then I see those same girls meetup without giving me an invite. Call me a baby.  I’m sharing this because there’s something in this I believe God wants me to learn and might be able to help another. 

Growing up this didn't even cross my mind. I had my friends at school. Then I got married, and we built our little family. Having moved to Germany as an army wife, I made new girlfriends as we were an army family but I would shut myself out when gossip would enter conversations. I just didn't partake in talking about others. Bring it to now, December 24, 2019... Yes, I am blogging on Christmas Eve... on my 11,106 days of life, I am feeling a little rejected. 

In my research, for this blog, I've found that I am not the only one feeling like so, and from the looks of it, our world is feeling this heartfully. But why is it? 

Have we hit a social plateau due to the lack of real conversations? We live in times of superficial, materialistic views, creating very lonely people. So how can we revert back?

Learn what it is to be a true friend. 

Apart from the social standard of what a "friend" is, we have this painted picture of what friendships should look like due to social media in which if you don't have that big #girlsquad or "swag", it might make you feel left out.

Jesus taught a valuable lesson; Even when He felt rejected, betrayed, lonely, hurt... He always carried love and compassion. He taught, that we are not alone. He has been through this and that in itself should bring us security. 

Sometimes we need to wait on God for the people that best fit our lives. Just like dating God protects us from people that might not help us grow. Wait on God, wait for friendships that will add value not in worldly knowledge but in Christ, in Heavenly love. 

Lessons From Jesus:
~ No matter what we may go through a friend (Jesus) is there to get us through the storm. 
~ True friendship is honest, humble and patient even in your weakness.

 Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13

 Do you have such people in your life? If not, be patient. 
Take this time to draw yourself closer to God. 

 Jesus didn't come just to make friends with the rich, the good looking, the ones in higher social chairs but with those called, those who needed Him, those who will carry on His message.

 Do you have people in your life just to feel like you have someone, even tho there's no substance? Is God calling you to be friends with someone that looks the complete opposite of you? 
Think outside the social media box. 

In the meantime be patient and remember, Jesus calls you friend.

"I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you."
John 15:15

“And behold, I am with you always, until the end of the age.” Matthew 28:20





Comments

Popular Posts